We are delighted you have chosen Ballinteer Educate Together for your child. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our school.
Please note that due to the planned commencement of the Education (Admission to Schools) Act, 2018, Ballinteer Educate Together National School will not accept pre-enrolment application forms for September 2023. A new Admission Policy will be approved with an annual admissions process for this intake group.
Please read the following terms and conditions which apply to all pre-enrolments from 10th January 2014 up to and including applications for September 2022. All pre-enrolments received before 10th January 2014 remain valid.
- A child must be 2 years of age or older to be pre-enrolled.
- The child’s name is placed on the pre-enrolment list in date and time order, i.e. the date and time the enrolment form is received by the school.
- Children must be 4 years old by May in the year that they are due to start school.
- We wish to emphasise to you that submitting this pre-enrolment form does not guarantee or imply that there will be a place for your child.
- Starting from November each year, places are offered from the pre-enrolment list for the following September. Pre-enrolled siblings of current students receive offers first; remaining places are offered following the ranking of the pre-enrolment numbers on the pre-enrolment list on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Places are offered by email to the email address on the enrolment form unless parents have informed the school in writing of a change of email address prior to the offer being posted.
- When places are offered, parents/guardians are asked to accept, reject or defer the place offered. If the place is accepted, the parents/guardians must complete a registration document, an ethos statement, provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and payment for the school books, which may only be refunded in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Board of Management. If a hard-copy, written response is not received by the school in the time limit given, the child’s name will be removed from the pre-enrolment list in order to offer the place to the next child on the list.
- Entry to Junior Infants can be deferred for one year only.
- Where entry is deferred the child’s name is inserted into the pre-enrolment list. Deferred names are placed on the pre-enrolment list according to the original enrolment date. This does not guarantee an offer of a place for Junior Infants the following year.
- Offers of places will continue until the maximum permitted number is reached: in this regard, the Board will take account of relevant Department of Education guidelines in relation to class size and staffing schedules as well as relevant requirements concerning accommodation, including physical space, the educational welfare of all of the children, and their health, safety and general welfare.
- Offers of places will continue until the maximum permitted number is reached.
- When the classes are filled, the school will be in contact with the remaining people on the list.
- Where enrolment is requested to higher classes:-
(a) An enrolment form is to be completed in the normal way.
(b) Confirmation that the child was enrolled in another Primary School must be provided.
(c) The child’s name will be placed on the pre-enrolment list for the following September.
(d) A place may then be offered provided there is a place available in the present class.
- It is the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians to inform the school promptly of any change of address, telephone number, email address or other relevant information.
Please click on the following link to pre-enrol your child